Rising energy and commodity prices are making a serious dent in wallets. In addition, climate change is demanding a more economical approach to fossil fuels. Consuming less energy and growing more slowly are obvious choices. But what about the end product? Will it be of the same quality?
Faster growing equals a lower energy cost per plant, without sacrificing sales value. A winning combination for your returns. Below, are present a brief overview of the advantages of Microflor turbo varieties.
Sustainability and profitability go hand in hand
Microflor started developing fast-growing varieties about a decade ago. They were not just motivated by profitability for the client, but also by concern for the climate. After all, a sustainable vision has been in roots from the start.
Visually attractive and high performance
- Lovable Luz (PH04162): this pink turbo variety produces more than 18 buds on two stems after 17 weeks of cultivation. At this point, you will be at around 90%; with optimal cultivation techniques, you can easily achieve 100% two-stem.
- Inti Sun (PH03995): this intensely yellow turbo variety has an abundance of flowers on each stem. After a short cultivation period of 17 weeks, this variety can easily produce 20 buds per plant, usually with two stems, sometimes even with three. With optimal cultivation techniques, you will obtain 2/3 three-stem and 1/3 four-stem plants.
- Oceanview (PH03133): this white turbo variety produces 27 buds in 17 weeks, thanks to the numerous branches. It also has 10cm snow-white flowers and an almost exclusively two-stem habit.
Transparent product sheets as a guideline
At 17 weeks, the young plants turn into fully-grown plants with plenty of volume and flowers. That’s 10 weeks less than with an ordinary variety. As a grower, you can use this data to accurately estimate the number of weeks by which you can shorten the cultivation time to achieve the desired number of stems and buds.
Turbo advantages of faster cultivation
- Short cultivation time of 17 weeks. That means 10 weeks less than a traditional variety. Given current energy prices, this quickly leads to cost savings of 30-40 cents per plant.
- High-quality plants with a high two-stem percentage and an average of 20 flowers per plant.
- A comprehensive and attractive range, with every color represented.
The main advantage, in short, is your bottom line. As a grower, you can grow more consciously. And thanks to the detailed information on the product sheet, you can be sure of the results.
For more information:
9080 Lochristi, Belgium
+32 9 326 82 80
+32 9 326 82 80