A mistake was made at the British supermarket Marks & Spencer this week. Staff at the supermarket chain mistook daffodil bulbs for spring onions. Consumption of the bulbs can lead to several intense symptoms. Following a tweet by British presenter James Wong, a big fuss arose online. “I don’t want to get your staff in trouble, but you need better training asap.”
Foto Twitter James Wong
On Twitter, the department store apologized for the confusion and stressed that all the labels on the flowers contained a clear warning.
…we’re reminding all stores to make sure the flowers are displayed properly. Customer safety is our priority and all daffodils have an on-pack warning that they are not safe to consume. Thanks, Matt. 2/2
— M&S (@marksandspencer) February 28, 2023