The Landgard Autumn Order Days took place on August 20 and 21, just like the Spring Order Days in January, in the Cash & Carry store in Oberhausen, Germany, and online. “It fully met our expectations. It was the first hybrid edition of the Autumn Order Days after Corona, and after the positive experience of the Spring Order Days, we again opted for the Oberhausen location – with success. After the first day on Sunday, we had already achieved the total turnover and the number of customers that we had for the digital-only Autumn Order Days 2022. The Oberhausen venue was once again perfectly prepared for the Order Days, not least thanks to the highly motivated team. Thank you very much for this,” says Stefan Grett Winkel, Managing Director of the Landgard specialist trade.
The assortment comprised a total of more than 2,500 different items and 300 promotional containers. These included the new apple tree variety Evelina®, the Hydrangea paniculata ‘Bloody Marie’® and theercis canadensis varieties ‘Eternal Flame’ and ‘Rising Sun,’ which were presented as part of the new products in the Autumn Order Days range. As a result, customers again had the opportunity to purchase a range of pot plants, seasonal goods, decoration & floristry products, and nursery articles, including Italian goods, fruit trees, bonsai, and conifers for further marketing.
“85 percent of the turnover of the Autumn Order Days is generated by purchases on-site in Oberhausen, the remaining 15 percent was generated online in the webshop. This distribution underpins the importance of the stationary shop, where the goods can be seen directly. In addition, we see the order days not only as a trading place but also as a communication platform. The Autumn Order Days at the end of August have established themselves as a fixed date in the industry calendar. Late summer is a good time to look ahead to the coming autumn season. This overall concept of the Autumn Order Days must be strengthened and expanded in a targeted manner,” says Adrian Hosman, head of the Order Days team in the Landgard specialist trade.
In this edition, Landgard included stands where individual companies could present themselves. Gartenbau Köder, Volmary, Verwaay and Orchideen Stolk as well as the Association of German Garden Centres made use of this offer. In addition, ten companies from the Order Days partner country Denmark presented themselves with a prominently positioned joint stand. The presentation of international production will also be an integral part of Order Days in the future. “The exhibiting companies used the two days in Oberhausen intensively for networking. They cultivated personal contacts with customers and Landgard employees and presented their products – especially the new products in the Order Days range”, says Stefan Grett-Winkel.
The Landgard specialist trade again used the stationary part of the Autumn Order Days in Oberhausen to present concepts, cooperations, and brands that can inspire consumers with high-quality green products. This year, these included the “Landlust Kollektion,” “Herbstkunst,” and “Festtagsfreude.”
For more information:
Landgard Service GmbH