There are many things needed to ensure the success of a website, especially a business-to-business that is depended on by companies that provide products and services to other businesses. Not everything can be attributed to a flower industry website, but ensuring that what you include brings value and a personal effect is crucial to creating leads and potential customers. Here is a checklist of things needed to ensure the success of a B2B website in the floral industry.
Five Point Checklist:
- Modern website design: Having a modern design helps visitors feel more comfortable, knowing that the website is sleek, professional, and easy to maneuver. Modern website designs can be optimized for mobile use, which eliminates stress. It helps to add a personal touch to your website design, such as a logo associated with your brand or industry and aesthetic imagery of your product or service.
- Effective SEO: Without effective search engine optimization, it is nearly impossible for anyone to discover your website. Throughout your website copy, it is necessary to authentically include words like ‘flower,’ ‘florals,’ and even the name of your partnered company and supplier. Doing this ensures that your site is presented as a result when these words are searched by potential site visitors. SEO also provides brand awareness and increased website traffic.
- Provide valuable landing pages and CTA: A landing page usually appears on a website as a result of SEO-triggered searches. It provides more information about a specific advertisement, sale, or promotion and is used for lead generation, where customer information can be collected. Placing value within your landing pages throughout the site encourages potential customers to give you their information in exchange.
- All written information on your website should be clear, customer-focused messaging and content: Over-explaining and using filler words lose the customer’s attention and drive them to leave your site. Content (especially on the homepage) should grab visitors’ attention, answer questions clearly and boldly provide solutions to their problems. Clear messaging also makes it easy for prospects to remember what you do and serve, making your website a go-to place for businesses in the flower industry.
- Create a blog: This is an important point that can guarantee success for your website. A blog is the most resourceful part of any B2B website that can be used for educational purposes. Site visitors and businesses can learn more about their challenges, your products, services, and the industry in general. You can answer all questions on the floral industry that will complement your professionalism. Having this part of your website increases the chances of being discovered on search engines which will also increase website traffic. Running a blog isn’t easy, but it is an investment you wouldn’t want to miss out on making. The blog gives value to your customers and allows you to ask for your website visitors’ emails, which in turn, you create a connection with the potential new customers.
For more information: