The regular day-to-day routine can be exhausting; the busy holiday and wedding season can add to the elevated stress level. When you feel as if the world around you is caving in, it is time to take a break! We created a blog full of ideas to help you and your team stay energized while still building floral design skills.
A recent trend in the floral industry is wellness retreats and workshops. What better way to regroup than being surrounded by peers looking for the same escape? The retreats can touch on numerous topics, but they always focus on flowers and rejuvenation. Here are just a few retreats and workshops to keep your eye on!
Lunaria Floral Retreat April 20-21st | The Midlands, Colorado
April 20th (Installations) – April 21st (Business Topics), 2022
THE POWER OF FLOWERS: As florists, we are all attracted by the power of flowers. The Lunaria Retreat is for allowing each one of us to be transparent, fragile, beautiful, and impactful. We come with open minds and open hearts. We lift each other up and believe in community and friendship.
It’s three floral design companies, four florists, and one creative attorney. 2 days of this immersive experience, day one is an interactive teaching design workday, day two is speakers, and a group discussion panel.
What’s included: This retreat in Colorado will feature Four educators, four installations, hands-on designing, flowers, an onsite photographer, panel discussion/conversations, drinks, lunch, snacks, & a gift bag.
New England Floral Retreat Workshop | Washington, CT
April 20th & 21st, 2022
A 2-day floral retreat workshop hosted at an exclusive, one-of-a-kind, serene, and inspiring estate located in Washington, Connecticut, just outside the Hudson Valley. This incredible mansion was featured in the New England Home Magazine, boasting stunning light-filled rooms and stately gardens reminiscent of a French Chateau creating the perfect backdrops for our design work.
You will explore design techniques, floral selections, color theory, recipe writing, hard goods sourcing, no floral foam techniques, compote design, bridal bouquet design, installation techniques/design, business chat – Q+A, corsage, and boutonniere demo, as well as a beautiful sit-down dinner.
This retreat is two days of floral fun, a creative recharge, and an in-depth learning experience. We love to share our passion for flowers, design, and anything under the sun.
- All materials and blooms for designing all portions of instruction
- Signature style Bridal Bouquet Instruction and Design
- Signature style Compote Instruction and Design
- Ceremony Installation with aisle décor and/or staircase installation Instruction (everyone will have the opportunity to be a full participant)
- Corsage and Boutonniere Tutorial
- Fireside Business Chat / Group Q & A, Pricing Tips – come with your questions!
- Professional Photography of all designs created by the super talented Jessica Gallo from Fine and Fleurie Photography
- Light refreshments and lunch (both days)
- 1 formal sit down dinner
Slow Flowers Summit | Pocantico, New York
June 26th-28th, 2022
The Slow Flowers Summit is a conference for creative professionals, thought leaders and pioneering voices in the progressive Slow Flowers community.
Designed to stimulate curiosity, examine conventional assumptions and explore conscious and ethical practices in the floral industry, the Summit agenda asks speakers and audience members alike to inquire, inform, include, instigate and inspire.
Founder of the Slow Flowers Society, Debra Prinzing developed the Slow Flowers Summit as a live, interactive gathering to take place during American Flowers Week.
Join Slow Flowers’ doers and thinkers for three days of progressive ideas, connections and inspiration.
Sunday, June 26th | Maple Grove Farm
- 3 design demonstrations by Xenia D’Ambrosi, TJ McGrath, and Nicole Cordier
- Hands-on floral design session
- Breakfast reception, buffet lunch, and evening cocktail reception
Monday, June 27th | Stone Barns Center
- 4 inspiring presentations to nurture your creative muse with artists Ronni Nicole Robinson and Frances Palmer
- Stone Barns’ floral experts Shannon Algiere and Philippe Gouze and floral designer TJ McGrath
- Breakfast reception, buffet lunch and savory afternoon snack from Blue Hill at Stone Barns kitchen
Tuesday, June 28th | Stone Barns Center
- Floral Immersion to celebrate the linkages between artistic practices and sustainability with 4 maker demonstrations, including seasonal tablescaping, botanical dyeing, papermaking and clay
- Walking tour of Stone Barns farm
- Breakfast reception and buffet lunch from Blue Hill at Stone Barns kitchen
The Design Sanctuary Workshop is a collaborative workshop for floral & event designers. Our creative industry takes passion…and sometimes that passion fizzles. Whether it’s client or employee issues or family issues, we all juggle the everyday stressors and need somewhere to retreat.
The Design Sanctuary Workshop is that place. It’s a place where you can meet new designers or reconnect with ones you already know. It’s a place where you can learn new concepts and techniques…or share your own with the newer faces. It’s a place to create for you, not your client. It’s a place to remember why you chose this career in the first place.
It’s not a formal classroom setting. It’s a roll up your sleeves and dig into some beautiful flowers and just create a setting. It’s a grab a cup of coffee and gets to know your community setting. It’s a learn how to take beautiful photos of your work for your Instagram setting. It’s a sit-around with a group and talks about your favorite sources, wholesalers, the shade of dahlia setting. Most importantly, it’s a take from this what you need setting.
You’ll experience hands-on design training throughout the workshop including learning how to construct large installations, bouquet & centerpiece design, and styling a complete luxury wedding.
- Welcome Reception On The First Night
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner On Both Full Days
- Intimate Seminars With Industry Leaders
- Hands-On Instruction And Collaboration
- Professional Headshots
- Professional Photos From A Full, Styled Photoshoot
- All Flowers & Hard Goods
Team Flower Retreat | Chambersburg, PA
September 11 – 15, 2022
Retreat to the mountains and valleys of rural Pennsylvania for a 3-day, 4-night recharge.
Break daily routines and take some time to intentionally fill your creative well with wonder.
During this 3-day immersive floral encounter, you’ll enjoy:
- Thousands of curated fresh flowers to surround yourself with
- A custom toolkit to design for you onsite (take it home with you!)
- Robust floral supplies to create with, ones that keep sustainability in mind
- Guided instruction tailored to your educational needs and creative goals
- Personalized design prompts that gently challenge you to overcome creative barriers
- Full container and vessel library to borrow from on-site consisting of hundreds of design options
- An intimate small-group educational setting—only 6 seats are available
- All meals, snacks, and lodging* are included in your registration, making rest easy
- Professional photography of your floral work, plus additional photography tips to equip you for great floral photos in your home studio
- Care for your spirit and honor for your art—mindful moments are incorporated into this experience
Inspired Design Retreat | Hilton Head, SC
October 10-12th 2022
The retreat includes all flowers & hard goods, professional photogs & models, meals & drinks, education, discussions & surprises!
- Discover what 3 days of designing, just for the artistic value it does for you! Refresh, rejuvenate and refuel the Floral Artist in YOU! The ratio of instructors to attendees is the best offered!
- 2 AIFD Design Instructors +BONUS 2 GUEST AIFD INSTRUCTORS: Experience thought-provoking discussions, demonstrations, and presentations! We will encourage you to think outside of the triangle, to look at objects through the eye of an artist, and to experiment with new design styles & techniques.
- Take your Social Media game to the Next Level!: Nothing builds your business and brand like great social media content! Discover how professional models, award-winning photographers, hair and makeup gurus, abundant fresh flowers & wonderful accents can elevate your photos beyond your imagination!
If the retreat you want to attend is sold out for the year, don’t worry. Make sure to follow each organization on social media to stay up to date on the next event!